This workshop presents the student with all aspects of the Japanese katsugi-daiko (drums worn on a strap), as well as an approach to developing a hybrid style of lateral playing on any drum. Areas covered in the workshop include strap adjustments, grip, positioning, sound production, and various rhythms, from Japanese traditional sources, as well as rhythms from Turkish and Korean music.
Connect with Patrick
- 23.03.19 . Didem Basar Ensemble ◦ Église St. Jax, Montréal
- 04.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Grand Théâtre de Québec, QC
- 13.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Salle Bourgie, Montréal
- 14.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Ottawa, ON
- 19.05.19 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Montpellier (FR)
- 23.05.19 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Festival Ej@msLive, Dignes-les-Bains (FR)