This workshop presents the student with all aspects of the Japanese katsugi-daiko (drums worn on a strap), as well as an approach to developing a hybrid style of lateral playing on any drum. Areas covered in the workshop include strap adjustments, grip, positioning, sound production, and various rhythms, from Japanese traditional sources, as well as rhythms from Turkish and Korean music.
Connect with Patrick
- 02.11.18 . Lena Chamamyan & Oktoecho • Toronto Centre for the Arts, Toronto (ON)
- 04.11.18 . Lena Chamamyan & Oktoecho • Place des Arts, Montréal (QC)
- 14.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko, Sur les Traces du Griot ◆ Grand Théâtre de Québec, QC
- 17.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko, Sur les Traces du Griot ◆ Salle Bourgie, Montréal, QC
- 29.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Ferme du Biéreau, Louvain-la-Neuve (BE)