This is an introduction to the various styles of tambourine playing found around the Mediterranean region, with particular emphasis on how to consolidate these styles into a fluid, hybrid approach. Students are shown basic grips and striking techniques, as well as basic rhythmic patterns, such as the Salterello and the Fandango. The workshop then focuses on developing a hybrid style which can applied to any style of music and soloing.
Connect with Patrick
- 23.03.19 . Didem Basar Ensemble ◦ Église St. Jax, Montréal
- 04.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Grand Théâtre de Québec, QC
- 13.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Salle Bourgie, Montréal
- 14.04.19 . Constantinople, Sur les Traces de Da Vinci ✥ Ottawa, ON
- 19.05.19 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Montpellier (FR)
- 23.05.19 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Festival Ej@msLive, Dignes-les-Bains (FR)