This is an introduction to the various styles of tambourine playing found around the Mediterranean region, with particular emphasis on how to consolidate these styles into a fluid, hybrid approach. Students are shown basic grips and striking techniques, as well as basic rhythmic patterns, such as the Salterello and the Fandango. The workshop then focuses on developing a hybrid style which can applied to any style of music and soloing.
Connect with Patrick
- 02.11.18 . Lena Chamamyan & Oktoecho • Toronto Centre for the Arts, Toronto (ON)
- 04.11.18 . Lena Chamamyan & Oktoecho • Place des Arts, Montréal (QC)
- 14.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko, Sur les Traces du Griot ◆ Grand Théâtre de Québec, QC
- 17.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko, Sur les Traces du Griot ◆ Salle Bourgie, Montréal, QC
- 29.11.18 . Constantinople & Ablaye Cissoko ✾ Ferme du Biéreau, Louvain-la-Neuve (BE)